Members have multiple reasons to create a new room or loop and because of that there are several different types you can create with Konverse.
To get started creating a new room or loop:
- Click +Create on your top menu.
- Choose the room tab at the top of the new window that opens
- Enter the name for your new room
- Determine how this new room will be used from one of the templates offered in Konverse
- Is the room Private or Public? A private room is only available to those invited, a internal public room allows any other internal member to join.
- Invite others by entering their names or email addresses.
- Enter a description for the room. While this is not required to create a room, it is highly encouraged so your users know what to expect and/or what is expected from them in this room. This description will appear on the rooms homepage and accepts full HTML.
From there you are all set if you are ready to get started. Simply hit Save and invites will be sent to the members you added to your new room
If you are interested in customizing your new room a bit more, select More Options (found immediately below the are labeled Purpose).
Under More Options, you can do the following:
- Add additional Owners - You will notice you are already an owner (by default) but here you can add more! Note : Additional owners will also recieve a notification they were added. Owners can edit, remove, and notify all on any post in their room. Owners can also edit room options associated with any room where they are an owner.
- Add additional Folders - Each room has at least one folder but you can always add more. These help to further categorize the content added to your new room. Each folder has a unique form and the forms are unique to Konverse. To select a new form, click on the drop-down arrow to the right of Discussion (the default form) and select from the available forms in Konverse.
- Add a new icon - You can upload (or drag-and-drop) any image as the room icon. We recommend an image that is 300x300 pixels and image will be rounded.
- Determine the settings, or options - We choose a few default settings based on how your :::room::: will be used. ut as an owner you can customize those options as you see fit. Options available to you are:
Automatically subscribe all members: Any member/owner that has been added to this room will be subcribed to every new post added to this room and be notified based on their notification preferences. If a user has not logged into the app yet, that user will still recieve email notifications even if they have not activated their accounts.
Sort posts alphabetically: All posts will be organized in alphabetical order according to their post titles. This works great for storing static information such as Documents, Training Videos, etc.
Only owners can create posts: Only owners are able to create posts in the room. This is a great way to set up any top-down communication rooms. Something like From Leadership or Marketing Announcements. Only leadership, or the Marketing team, would be listed as owners in these rooms and would be able to create new posts.
Prohibit comments: No comments allowed by admins, owners, or users. Regardless of your member settings in the app, no user is able to comment on any post made in this room. This works great for storing static information such as Documents, Training Videos, etc.
Request Loop or Room: A room where members will see only the posts or comments they add, whereas owners of the room will see all posts or comments added to this room.
When complete, save and publish your room!
As a owner, you are able to return to this screen to edit as needed.